COVID-19 Notice: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, many programs have moved to tele-therapy and very limited in-person therapy services are being offered. Please call us at 562-597-3696 or email email@example.com for more information!
Physical Therapists (PTs) are movement experts. They help children achieve their maximum potential to function independently and to promote active participation in home, school, and community environments. In aquatic therapy, PTs use the buoyancy, support, and accommodating resistance of water to enhance interventions for clients.
PTs help with:
- Gross motor skills
- Range of motion
- Strength and endurance
- Postural control
- Coordination and balance
- Gait and/or independent mobility
- Decreasing pain
- Facilitating movement to help a child learn to walk
- Facilitating transitions into and out of positions
- Assisting with equipment needs: wheelchairs, assistive walking devices, braces, and orthotics
- Improving aerobic capacity and conditioning using exercises and equipment in the water