Parent Support Group
A bilingual English/Spanish support group for parents and families of children with disabilities.
Have you ever had questions like these?
- How does the regional center work?
- What is an IEP and how do I get one for my child?
- Who do I contact at the school district to access services?
- Can I really request and receive therapy at home for my child?
- How does insurance apply when accessing services?
- Is anyone else going through what I’m going through?
Come join our friendly group where we discuss answers to all these questions and more.
We have a variety of outstanding speakers, including our very own board member, psychologist, and psycho-educational consultant, Mariana Leñero, who teaches a series on how different disabilities affect the child’s brain. We also partner with Farmers & Merchants Bank to offer a financial education series tailored for parents with children with disabilities.
We are also proud to be a host of the Learning Rights Law Center’s TIGER (Training Individuals for Grassroots Education Reform) Program, which teaches parents about the special education system and how to become the best advocate for your child’s rights & needs.
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
Day: 2nd and 4rd Friday of the month
*Currently meeting via Zoom
Click Here to Join our Parent Support Group on Facebook where we post current topics and workshops!